Lives and communities transformed by the power of God.
We long to see a growing number of churches engaged in their role of compassionate evangelism. We also believe the Gospel should be shared in both word and deed, demonstrating and proclaiming the love of Christ.
We believe the Church is Gods agent to reach the world.
Really. Therefore, we are profoundly committed to the local church in its mission.
We want to be there before and long after the big campaign rolls through town. We want to build deep and long-term.
We believe in people coming from everywhere, going to everywhere. Missions belongs to the whole world.
We work in teams. We believe that multicultural teams model to the world the unity that Christ calls us to.
Who Are We
Our desire is to reflect the character of Christ in all we do, but we believe God is calling us particularly to be a people of:
Joyful Worship As a community and as individuals, we will regularly give praise and glory to the Lord by using a wide variety of methods and means to worship Him. We strive to be a people of praise and joy. We will come before the Lord with joyful song [Psalms 100:2] singing and making music in our hearts to the Lord [Ephesians 5:19] In everything we do, we will worship and glorify our great Saviour the Lord Jesus.
Humble Service Servanthood will characterize all of our relationships. Even though we come from different cultures, churches and life situations, we respect each others differences and will serve one another. We desire to be like the Lord Jesus who made Himself nothing and took the very nature of a servant [Philippians 2:6-7]
We reject traditional human paths to power and seek that character which flows from humble service [Matthew 20:26-27]
Personal Purity We will be governed by an intense desire for moral purity [1 Thessalonians 4:3-8]
brokers of and obedient to Gods Word [Romans 12:1, Hebrews 12:29] We will seek supportive accountability to one another so that we may be kept from sexual temptation and sin [Galatians 5:3] It is our deep desire to be filled with the Holy Spirit and portray the fruits of the Holy Spirit so that we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh [Galatians 5:16]
Compassionate Justice We feel the pain of a lost world and are driven to our knees in prayer [Romans 8:22-27] We are committed to the absence of racial, class, wealth, gender and social status barriers [Galatians 3:26-29] We desire to reflect Gods heart to the weak, poor, marginalised and victims of sin by compassionately caring for them, fearlessly proclaiming the Good News of Jesus and by working for the transforming of society so that they may discover their dignity and have hope.
Bold Faith Trusting in the proven goodness and greatness of Almighty God [Nehemiah 1:5], we commit ourselves to dream big dreams [Ephesians 3:20], to take giant steps of faith, and to approach obstacles with confidence in Gods power [Hebrews 4:16]. We repudiate self-confidence [Philippians 3:3] and proclaim our commitment to total dependence upon the Lord.
Sacrificial Generosity Because God has generously given to us [Ephesians 5:1-2], we will follow Him by being generous with our time, money, possessions, knowledge and friendships [Romans 12:13, 1 Thessalonians 2:8, Hebrews 13:16]. We will follow the example of the Lord Jesus who liberally gave all that He had for us. We will not hold tightly people, money, ministry or things for ourselves but we will consciously seek to include others in all God has given to us.
Christ-Like Love We will strive to demonstrate Gods unconditional love for us by being patient, kind and forgiving [1 Corinthians 13:4-5]. We will reject envy, boasting, pride, rudeness, self-seeking, anger and every attempt to bring division [1 Corinthians 13:4-5]. We believe all people have worth and we renounce all discrimination. We desire Christ-like love to permeate every aspect of our lives and ministries [1 John 4:19].
Statement of Faith
- WE BELIEVE in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- WE BELIEVE that Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit, was born of the virgin Mary, was true God and true man existing in one person and was without sin. We believe in His representative and substitutionary sacrifice, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the Father, His present life as Lord of all, High Priest and Advocate, and His personal return in power and glory.
- WE BELIEVE that the Holy Spirit indwells and gives life to believers, enables them to understand and apply the Scriptures, empowers them for godly living, and equips them for service and witness.
- WE BELIEVE that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God, fully trustworthy, and the final authority in all matters of Christian faith and life.
- WE BELIEVE that each member of the human race is fallen, sinful and lost; that the shed blood of Jesus Christ provides the only ground for forgiveness of sins and justification to all who receive Him by faith; and that only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can they become children of God.
- WE BELIEVE that the one, holy, universal Church is the body of Christ, composed of all regenerate people. This redeemed community worships God and seeks to proclaim the Good News to all people.
- WE BELIEVE in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved, and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
International Teams also accepts the Lausanne Covenant and the World Evangelical Fellowship Statement of Faith.